IMHP frequently undertakes and collaborates on special projects with and within the community to improve the lives and mental health of the youngest population. In the past IMHP has partnered to provide specialized education programs and support to service providers as a means of enhancing quality of care. IMHP is also currently part of many community advisory boards and review committees.
Our current research and training initiatives focus on:
- Screening and Developmental Support Planning for infants and Toddlers
- Building capacity within the Child Welfare system (The Family Law Initiative)
- Educating the judiciary and decision makers regarding the importance of infant mental health and the effects and causes of trauma and risk.
- Broad spectrum multi-disciplinary training in infant mental health for family and community oriented agencies
- Supporting attachment in the NICU (From the Heart)
If you have an idea of how IMHP can be more involved to support your work with infants, toddlers and families, please don't hesitate to contact us!
We look forward to hearing from you.